Sunday morning Kampala was a sea of yellow as 10k, half marathon, full marathon, and wheel-chair race enthusiasts hit the streets for the 5th annual MTN marathon. For a mere 5,000 shillings (about US$3), runners got a shirt, a visor, a water bottle, a bona fide timing chip and a chance to run their preferred distance with thousands of others. While the New Vision put participation at 10,800, there were bibs in the 16,000s. My preferred distance was the 10k. After losing my familiar faces in the starting line frenzy, I adopted, or, more accurately, was adopted by, a random Ugandan guy, who, by running at half his normal pace, upped mine. Although the official chip times aren't in yet, random runner and I clocked in at 57 minutes. I'll take it.
(Photo credit: New Vision)

1 comment:
Hi Jenny! So good to hear you today :) Happy Thanksgiving! We miss you a lot... and loved your pics from your vacay - jealous of your ocean views!
<3 Rachel
Post a Comment