The day after Matt and Kay left, Becca and I headed to Jinja by boda-boda and bus. Our mission: Get thrown out of a raft, plunge into the Nile, pop up waterlogged but unscathed, repeat. The added bonus: We're the two in front.
This was my third time rafting, but never before had I experienced a spill so scattering. Bodies, paddles and raft were spread so far apart that the only one able to get to the boat was one of the safety kayakers, who ditched his kayak to rein in the raft. He only managed to yank myself and the guide back into the boat before we found ourselves at the next rapid. So, while the safety boat and kayakers scooped up the rest of the troupe, we hit Easy Rider as a trio. I'm pretty sure they dumped me on purpose that time.
Submerged in Silverback:
Becca and I could only raft half-day as we had to get on the road to our next destination. A wise decision, in the end. Otherwise, this may have been the two of us:

1 comment:
This better be your Last Raft Ride.Dad
Post a Comment