Monday, January 26, 2009

Chronicles of Home: On Christmas Eve and Digestive Tracts

It was Christmas Eve morning when my digestive tract decided it didn’t at all appreciate the abrupt change in diet. While my taste buds took pleasure in the Chubby’s chicken fingers, the Mimi’s breakfast quickie, and other such greasy delights consumed over the previous days, my intestines quietly rebelled. The mutiny manifested itself in the form of relentless nausea, a distended belly, and an inability to even consider ingesting a morsel of any sort. I knew it was serious when I couldn’t take a single bite of my long-awaited Wegman’s sub.

Despite my need to carry around a barf bag throughout the entirety of Gram and Gramp’s Christmas Eve party, I was still able to enjoy the non-food aspects of the yearly get-together, with a little help from family members who occasionally suggested that I stop wincing.

Still, they were sympathetic. The next day, Kay confessed that she hadn't had the heart to tell me that my hair was really poofy.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Jenny, I like your poufy hair. Today the Bonnie Hunt show had the national bird of Uganda on. It is a Frazier (sp?) Crane. It also has poufy hair. They said it is revered in Uganda (the crane, not the hair). If you want to talk to the heavens, you talk to a crane.

Marcia